You can use sun’s solar energy to build your own solar oven and anything you can cook in a conventional oven; you can cook in solar oven too.
What raw materials do you need?
• Cardboard box
• Aluminum foil
• Plastic wrap
• Black paper
• A ruler
How to prepare the oven?
1. Cut a flap in the cardboard box and fold it in such a way that it stands out when the box’s lid is closed.
2. Cover the inner body of the cardboard with aluminum foil so that it reflects the sun rays
3. Open the box and tape a double layer of plastic wrap over the opening you made when you cut the flap
in the lid so that sunlight enters the box easily.
4. Line the bottom of the box with black paper so that it absorbs heat
How to set up the oven?
1. Take it outside to a sunny spot and adjust the flap so that sunlight directly falls over it.
2. Adjust the angle of the flap using a ruler so the sunlight reflected directly falls inside the box.
Now your solar oven is ready to cook.